PaperCut MF (17.1 or later) has special debug options which allow you to collect a detailed log of activity from the embedded application on the MFD. The log allows us to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and help pinpoint the cause of problems. Enabling debug logging is only usually required if requested by the PaperCut Support team.
The embedded applications that support this feature are:
Ricoh (SmartSDK) (embedded version 2.1.0 and later)
Ricoh (SDK/J) (embedded version 6.0.2 and later)
If your embedded application is not in this list please check if there is a knowledge base article outlining how to collect logs for the embedded application you are using.
To obtain the embedded application logs from the device:
1. Open the PaperCut MF admin interface and log in as the admin user.
2. Navigate to the Options page, then the Advanced tab.
3. Turn on the Enable debug mode option (a checkbox) and click Apply.
4. Navigate to the Devices page, then select the device which requires log collection.
5. In the Summary tab, under the Configuration section, turn on the Enable remote logging mode option (a checkbox) and click Apply. It may take a few minutes for the device to pick up this new configuration, during this time no logs are being collected.
6. Ensure the device is powered on, awake and has network connectivity during this process, up until remote logging has been turned off.
7. Wait until the Remote logging is enabled on the device message is displayed under the checkbox.
8. Perform the action on the device that reproduces the problem or issue.
9. In the PaperCut MF admin interface (logged in as the admin user), navigate to the Devices page, then the select the device.
10. In the Summary tab, under the Configuration section, Turn off the Enable remote logging mode option (a checkbox) and click Apply. It may take a few minutes for the device to pick up this new configuration, during this time the Waiting for remote logging to stop on the device message will be displayed under the checkbox. Wait until this message disappears before proceeding, to ensure all logs are collected.
11. Navigate to the Options page, then the Advanced tab and click click the Download Diagnostics File button. Save this file and email to PaperCut Technical Support as requested.
12. Turn off the Enable debug mode option (a checkbox) and click Apply.
This release contains an updated Java version which no longer supports 32-bit workstations. If you have any 32-bit users launching the User Client or Release Station from a network share, see this Knowledge Base article for more information.