Setting up draft products
If you are setting up Job Ticketing for the first time, skip this topic and go straight to Step 3: Create or change a cost script.
If you have a live print room or FabLab, you won’t want your customers to see the cost estimates until you have finalized your scripts. We recommend creating a copy of your products and switching them to draft mode while you are editing and testing your scripts. Alternatively, you could set up a sandbox room with some example products and cost scripts to play around with.
- In the Operator interface, in the bottom left corner of the screen, click Settings.
- Click the Products tab.
- Click a product you want to copy, and the Edit product page is displayed.
- Click in the Definition area; then press Ctrl+A to select all.
- Press Ctrl+C to copy the configuration.
- Click the Products breadcrumb at the top of the page.
- Click Create product.
- Next to empty product, click OK.
- In Name, enter a name to indicate it is a test product.
- In Description, enter anything. The text you enter doesn’t matter as this is just a test product.
- In Definition:
- Press Ctrl +V to paste the content.
- Locate the line starting with
- Click Create.
- Repeat for each product you want to provide cost estimates for.
You have now set up some draft products that you can use to test your cost scripts.
Next Step: Step 3: Create or change a cost script