If you’re looking for answers to questions about data discrepancies in the reports, an explanation about page counts, or differences in page counts / user data between the dashboard and the reports, then please take a look at the Report Data FAQs.
A quick how-to generate reports video is shown below. It covers some tips and tricks on generating printing reports from PaperCut’s admin interface.
1. Where can I see all the reports / description about all the reports?
Reportstab. Take a tour of reports available in PaperCut.
2. What are the reports available other than one-click reports?
- ad-hoc reports are available from the Reports tab. These reports allow specifying many reporting options such as a date range or filters.
- Logs based reports (or a report with a lot of data) can be exported to CSV / Excel and further manipulation can be performed on the data using Excel.
- Other reports can be constructed via the print log table, such as the logs for a shared account, filter controls can be used on the table to get the data required, then the export or report buttons below the table can be used to produce a report.
- Scheduled reports are available via
Reports → Schedule / Email Reports. They allow you to set up reports that are automatically generated and periodically emailed to given addresses or saved to the server hard drive for later use or automatic importing into 3rd party systems.
3. Is there a way to print or export a report for the environmental impact for all the printers / users?
4. I would like to manipulate report data further?
5. Can I create custom reports?
6. How can I set PaperCut to automatically email or save reports?
7. I would like to produce a report based on the following fields: date, comment, number of pages, page size, color and costs
Reports→ Printer → Print Log Reports→ Print logs.
8. Can I change the logo and/or add my address to the report header?
9. Can I get a report of the jobs which were denied?
Reports → Printer → Print Log Reports.
10. Is there a report that shows paper sizes, color and the account the print job was charged to?
11. I would like to reproduce a report listing all jobs that came from a particular IP address/host name?
Printers → Print log → show filter. Set “Client” to the host name which will allow you to view the print logs from a particular host, then select the export button.
12. Can I get a report which gives a summary about all the print jobs for all the users in a particular group?
13. Can I get a report which lists all the jobs printed from a particular printer server for a particular period?
Ad-hocfrom the drop down box and click on one of the report icons (i.e PDF, HTML, CSV). You can then specify the period and server name and generate the report.
14. Can I get PaperCut to list all the students with greater than $1 in their account?
Users → show filter. Set the “Balance between” field and click on “Apply Filter”. To export the student list click on the “export” link at the bottom of the page. You can also get this list via User List (adhoc) Report.
15. Is there are report showing me how much paper I’m saving by using hold/release queues?
16. Can I edit the names of the reports?
Ad-hocfrom the drop down list available next to the name of the report, gives you the functionality to edit the names of the report.
17. Can I request PaperCut team to add new reports to the system ?
18. How can I get a report that displays Card/Id numbers?
Options → General → Display Options → Make Card/Identity Number visibleis checked.
Keywords: frequent report questions, swipe card, Card/ID numbers, custom reports