When PaperCut synchronizes against a user directory such as Active Directory, Open Directory, eDirectory, LDAP etc., it receives a list of groups by name. The groups that PaperCut has been configured to “look at” (via the
Groups tab) are then synchronized so that the list of group members in PaperCut matches those in the domain.
When a group is renamed in the domain PaperCut has no way of knowing whether it is a newly created group or a renamed group. Renaming a group in the domain will therefore not be automatically reflected in PaperCut.
To rename a group and have the changes reflected in PaperCut:
- Rename the group in your domain.
- Navigate to Groups → Add/Remove Groups in the PaperCut admin interface.
- Add the “new” group (move it from selected to available) and press Apply.
- Back at the
Groups tab, configure the new group so that it has the same settings as the “old” group.
- If you are using this group for shared account security (Accounts tab), adjust the security settings for each shared account by removing the old group and adding the new one.
- If you are using this group for admin rights (Options → Admin Rights page), add the new group, configure the rights as per the old group, then remove the old group.
- The old group can now be removed via Groups → Add/Remove Groups.
Categories: User/Group Sync