Error dump files help the developers to track bugs in PaperCut. These files allow them to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Sending these files is only usually required if requested by the PaperCut Support team.
To send the error dump files:
- The error dump files are located in the
[app-path]\providers\print\win\logsdirectory on the print server.
- The files will be in the following formats:
- If the files are not there, please inform the support team about it (this indicates that the error may exist in another part of the application and debug logging may be required).
- The “full dump” is the one we would prefer as it provides more information to the developers.
- Zip and email us the files.