Please also see Reporting Problems
The PaperCut LPD Service has special debug options which cause the service to produce a detailed text log of activity. The log allows our developers to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Enabling debug logging is only usually required or requested by the PaperCut Support team.
The PaperCut LPD Service is the component in the PaperCut n-tiered architecture that allows for the submission of print jobs via the LPD/LPR protocol to Windows Print Servers in a reliable and robust manner. It acts as a replacement to the Windows Print Services for Unix and sits between the client machine and the Windows Print Queue and hence debug here can help diagnose monitoring related problems.
Version 1.0.307 or later
1. Open the file:
2. Change the line
Debug = false to display:
Debug = true
3. Save the file.
4. This component needs to be restarted before debug logging is enabled .
5. Print a few test documents from a network workstation, or perform the problem action. Try to select a situation that is likely to cause the issue being investigated.
6. Record the approximate time of the problem and/or the name of any printed documents (or the time you performed the test action). This will help the developers match up log entries with your test activity. Additional information such as what was observed or what was expected would also be useful.
7. Wait 10 minutes.
8. Zip and email all the PaperCut LPD Service log files:
9. Disable logging by reversing step 2.