Obtaining debug logs from Canon Multi-Function Devices
Canon devices can produce a detailed text log of activity. The log allows our developers to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Obtaining this log is required if requested by the PaperCut Support team.
1. Using a browser, go to the device’s login page at http://<device-IP>:8000
2. Enter the system manager ID and PIN, and press the ‘Configure PaperCut’ button.
3. Enable the ‘Debug Mode’ checkbox and press ‘Save’.
1. Reboot the device. This is essential, as it flushes the debug logs to disk.
2. Using a browser, log in to the Service Management Service at https://<device-IP>:8443/sms
3. Select ‘MEAP Application Log Management’ from the left-hand panel.
4. Select ‘Download Application Logs’.
5. Send the downloaded zip file to PaperCut support.
These steps may differ for your MFD model or series.
Keywords: canon, debugging, diagnosis, logs, mf-only