Please also see Reporting Problems
PaperCut has special debug options which cause PaperCut to produce a detailed text log of activity. The log allows our developers to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Enabling debug logging is only usually required of requested by the PaperCut Support team..
The Web Print Server is the component in PaperCut n-tiered architecture that accepts user uploaded documents and prints them on behalf of the user.
To enable debug in PaperCut Web Print Server:
1. Open the file:
in a text editor (e.g. Notepad on Windows).
2. Change the line
3. Save the file.
4. Restart Web Print according to your platform:
- If running in Sandbox Mode on a Windows system:
Restart the PaperCut Web Print GUI application (or restart the sandbox system).
- If running on Windows in Simple Mode:
Restart the service
PaperCut Web Print at Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services
- If running on Mac OS X in Simple Mode:
Restart the system running the PaperCut Application Server.
- If running on Linux in Simple Mode:
Restart the PaperCut Web Print service via
5. Print a few test documents via the end-user Web Print interface to duplicate/demonstrate the problem.
6. Record the approximate time of the problem and/or the name of any printed documents (or the time you performed the test action). This will help the developers match up log entries with your test activity. Additional information such as what was observed or what was expected would also be useful.
7. Zip and email all files in:
Include an explanation of the steps taken, along with any other other information requested by the PaperCut
Note: if the files are large, please place in a zip archive before sending.
8. Disable logging by reversing steps 2, 3 and 4.
Categories: Debugging, Troubleshooting