Finding the Mobility Print logs for Troubleshooting
KB Home | Finding the Mobility Print logs for Troubleshooting
Mobility Print Server logs
By default, the Mobility Printlogs are in debug mode. To download your Mobility Print log files:
1. In the Mobility Print Admin web interface, click in the top right of the screen.
2. Select Download Logs.
For troubleshooting purposes, please note the following information:
Date/time the problem occurred
Operating system version
PaperCut NG/MF build version
Mobility Print version
IP address of the Mobility Print server
IP address of the client you are printing from
Name of any printed documents
Alternatively you can download the logs from the filesystem at:
Mac: Applications > PaperCut Mobility Print > data > logs
Windows Client Logs
When the Windows Mobility Print Printer Setup utility runs, a log file is automatically for troubleshooting purposes. We may ask you to send this to us if you are having trouble discovering or setting up Mobility Print queues on your Windows workstations.
1. Attempt to run the Mobility Print installer as you normally would.
2. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the directory. The file path is usually C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp.
3. In the folder, you will see a log file that was created on the day you ran the Mobility Print Printer Setup install, example: setup log 2017–3−7.
Android Client Logs
1. Make sure you are running the latest version of the Android app, which can be downloaded here.
2. Click on the Settings icon in the app.
3. Move the slider to “Enable error reporting” and take a note of the “Log ID”.
4. Then try to discover the printers as you would normally.
This release contains an updated Java version which no longer supports 32-bit workstations. If you have any 32-bit users launching the User Client or Release Station from a network share, see this Knowledge Base article for more information.