Important Note: There are two very separate methods of bulk updating/importing users, depending on whether the users are managed by a sync source like Active Directory, LDAP etc (these are ‘Standard Users’) or are managed by PaperCut internally, including email addresses, passwords etc (these are ‘Internal Users’).
Standard Users (users which are managed by an external source like AD or LDAP)
The user import/update process is documented in the Batch import and update user data part of the manual:
- Note that in this import method, you are not able to specify a password field, since the users passwords will be managed externally.
- Note that you can only import Standard users through the Users → Actions → Batch Import method as detailed on the link above.
Download here: batch-user-example.zip
Internal Users (users managed entirely by PaperCut - including password)
The Internal user import/update process is documented in the Batch Internal User Import and Update part of the manual:
- Note that this is the only import method where you can specify the password field, since this is for managing internal users
- Note that you can only import Internal users through the ‘server-command batch-import-internal-users’ method as detailed on the link above.
Download here: batch-internal-user-example.zip
These example files are included in the PaperCut installation in the following directory:
- [server install]/server/examples/import/users/batch-user-example.tsv
- [server install]/server/examples/import/users/batch-internal-user-example.tsv
For a video run thru on creating/importing internal users please see below:
Keywords: tab delimited, example, file, template, tsv, csv