Invalid registration license/key
Q PaperCut says that my registration key/license is invalid. Why is this? What can I do?
All licenses issued from firstname.lastname@example.org should be valid and will work indefinitely (with no time limit). The reasons for licenses expiring can include:
1. You have recently upgraded to a new major release and your license is not valid with the new version. See our PaperCut’s Upgrade Policy for more details. If you have current Maintenance and Support, please email email@example.com for a free copy of your license. Your server will give you 30 days to rectify this issue, at which point you may find that you are unable to access the administrative settings on your server’s admin portal.
2. Licenses contain certain limits, for example user limits (number of users). If you exceed a license limit for more than 30 days, you may find that you are unable to access the administrative settings on your server’s admin portal. Please read the knowledge base article on User Limit Exceeded for more details.
Other common problems and their solutions:
1. Check that you have downloaded and installed the correct edition of PaperCut. PaperCut Quota licences are not valid for PaperCut NG/MF and vice versa.
2. Ensure you are running the correct version of PaperCut. Licenses/keys are issued for a particular version of PaperCut. The version number is either contained in the license file name or in the key. For example, a PaperCut Quota key
P5-500-80A53347-922A is a key valid for version 5 and will only work with version 5 (i.e. 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, etc.)
3. PaperCut ChargeBack and NG/MF licenses are issued as a digitally signed file. Please install the file without modification. Any changes made to the file supplied will invalidate the license.
4. PaperCut Quota keys often contain hyphens and zeroes. Care should be taken to include hyphens. Also take care not to confuse the number zero for the letter “O”.
If you continue to have problems, please Contact Us.
Keywords: registration key , licence key , license key , serial , invalid key
Last updated July 5, 2023