Changing drivers on the PaperCut Printer [ALPHA]
90% of your users will most likely only need the PaperCut global driver that comes packed and standard in our installer. However, there are some users who may need all the options such as your marketing department, real estate agents or teachers who just need more advanced options such as stapling, booklet or tray selection for your printer. If you require a power up to your printing capabilities for your users, we recommend changing the driver to the same manufacturer as your printers.
Once you have set up your PaperCut Printer with a manufacturer driver, you can now print with special features on particular manufacturer printer models.
If you have one fleet of printers, we recommend using a manufacturer driver that will work across the make and models of this manufacturer. You can also use the existing PaperCut Printer that contains our PaperCut Universal global driver that works across many makes and models if your users don’t need advanced options.
- Open Printers & Scanners
- Click the + icon under the Printers list.
- Select the IP tab and fill out the following
|Name||We recommend using the manufacturer name and PaperCut Printer at the end eg. Waffle PaperCut Printer|
|Use||Select Software OR Select Other and upload the driver that you want.|
- Click Add
- The printer is now available to print.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for the prompt The printer that I want isn’t listed option to appear, then select it.
- Choose Select a shared printer by name.
- Type the name: http://localhost:9265/printers/papercut.
- Click Next.
- Choose your driver from the list or add your own.
- The printer is now added.
Using a manufacturer driver works in most cases for the PaperCut Printer. If your printer is not working with your manufacturer’s driver we recommend trying a direct print first before contacting us. If you’re still having issues feel free to let us know .
Still have questions?
Let us know! We love chatting about what’s going on under the hood. Feel free to leave a comment below or visit our Support Portal for further assistance.
For more information about PaperCut Pocket and Hive, check out the PaperCut Pocket and Hive Help Center.