Capturing Spool Files with Mobility Print
The steps below describe how to capture spool files as it passes through Mobility Print. These steps can be used on a Server running Mobility Print with Windows Server, Linux, and macOS.
- Recreate the issue by printing a document via Mobility Print that demonstrates the problem.
- On the Mobility Print server, navigate to where Mobility Print is installed
[app-path]/PaperCut Mobility Print/data/spooland locate the three files are generated for print each job:
- job content in PDL (*.pdl)
- print job options/instructions (*.ticket.toml)
- printing state for the job (*.info.toml)
- NOTE: These files will remain available for up to one hour after the print was submitted.
- Zip the whole folder.
- Send this to support along with a copy of the Mobility Print logs so that we can see a full picture of the issue (click in the top right of the Mobility Print admin interface, then select Download Logs.)
Please note the following information:
- Date/time the problem occurred
- IP address of the Mobility Print Server
- IP address of the device you are printing from
- Name of any printed documents
For more information about Mobility Print, check out the Mobility Print Help Center.
Last updated July 5, 2023