Mobility Print Server logs
By default, the Mobility Printlogs are in debug mode. To download your Mobility Print log files:
1. In the Mobility Print Admin web interface, click in the top right of the screen.
2. Select Download Logs.
For troubleshooting purposes, please note the following information:
- Date/time the problem occurred
- Operating system version
- PaperCut NG/MF build version
- Mobility Print version
- IP address of the Mobility Print server
- IP address of the client you are printing from
- Name of any printed documents
Alternatively you can download the logs from the filesystem at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PaperCut Mobility Print\data\logs\pc-mobility-print.log
Applications > PaperCut Mobility Print > data > logs
Windows Client Logs (Printer discovery with mDNS and DNS)
When the Windows Mobility Print Printer Setup utility runs, a log file is automatically for troubleshooting purposes. We may ask you to send this to us if you are having trouble discovering or setting up Mobility Print queues on your Windows workstations.
- Attempt to run the Mobility Print installer as you normally would.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the
%TEMP% directory. The file path is usually
- In the
%TEMP% folder, you will see a log file that was created on the day you ran the Mobility Print Printer Setup install, example: setup log 2017–3−7.
Windows Client Logs (Printer discovery with known host only)
When running the installer, run it with /log flag and specify the value to the desired log file destination, e.g. mobility-print-printer-setup-235[mobility-server.lan] /LOG=“install.log”
MacOS Client Logs (Printer discovery with known host only)
When you run the MacOS installer, it will create a folder under Applications called PaperCut Mobility Print Client. In this folder, you’ll see a file called installer.log.
Android Client Logs
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Android app, which can be downloaded here.
- Click on the Settings icon in the app.
- Move the slider to “Enable error reporting” and take a note of the “Log ID”.
- Then try to discover the printers as you would normally.
- Send the Log ID to PaperCut support.
Chrome Client Logs
- Open the Extensions menu in Chrome by going to chrome://extensions in the address bar.
- Check the box for “Developer Mode”
- Under the Mobility Print extension click “background page”.
- In the new Developer Tools window, click on the “Console tab.
- Click on the Ø symbol to clear any unrelated log files before beginning.
- Now try to reproduce the problem at this point. (If the issue is printer discovery then click on the ⋮ symbol in Chrome, choose Print, and then Change to force printer discovery.)
- Then back in the Developer Tools window, right click on any white space and choose “Save as…”
- This new log file should be saved to your Downloads folder, please send it to PaperCut support.
For more information about Mobility Print, check out the Mobility Print Help Center.
Categories: Mobility Print, Debugging, Troubleshooting