Mobility Print Server logs
By default, the Mobility Printlogs are in debug mode. To download your Mobility Print log files:
1. In the Mobility Print Admin web interface, click in the top right of the screen.
2. Select Download Logs.
A zip file of the logs is saved to your Download folder. If you need to send your log files to PaperCut Support, send both the Mobility Print logs as well as the PaperCut Application debug logs (see https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/HowToEnableDebugInNG ).
Note the following information:
- Date/time the problem occurred
- Operating system version
- PaperCut NG/MF build version
- Mobility Print version
- IP address of the Mobility Print server
- IP address of the client you are printing from
- Name of any printed documents
Alternatively you can download the logs from the filesystem at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PaperCut Mobility Print\data\logs\pc-mobility-print.log
Windows end-user logs
If you canít see the print queues from the Mobility Print Printer Setup installer, there is extra logging you can use to troubleshoot.
1. Attempt to run the Mobility Print installer as you normally would.
2. Open Windows Explorer and browse to this file path C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp.
3. Under the TEMP folder, you’ll see a file that was created on the day you ran the Mobility Print Printer Setup install, example: setup log 2017–3−7.
Android end-user logs
1. Make sure you are running the latest version of the Android app, which can be downloaded here.
2. Click on the Settings icon in the app.
3. Move the slider to “Enable error reporting” and take a note of the “Log ID”.
4. Then try to discover the printers as you would normally.
5. Send the Log ID to PaperCut support.
Categories: Debugging, Troubleshooting