'Some jobs failed to print. Try again' error message
What is happening?
The print job you tried to release couldn’t reach the printer. This could be because our communications couldn’t reach the printers at all, or it could be that our communications are reaching the printer and the printer isn’t understanding our inputs.
Check-in with your organization’s IT Team to make sure that nothing has gone awry. We’ll want someone with access to the PaperCut Pocket or PaperCut Hive admin interface to troubleshoot this issue.
- If you have noticed this error, please check to see if the printer is online and try to print again.
- Try using the Edge Mesh service to manually submit a test job from a few Edge Nodes to make sure it’s not a host-specific issue.
- To instruct the Edge Node service to submit a test print job, open a command-line interface (ex: PowerShell, or Terminal).
- Change directory into the installation path of the PaperCut Pocket or PaperCut Hive Edge Node service. (In Windows, this is
C:\Program Files\PaperCut Pocket/Hive\and with Mac, this is in the
- Test printing using the following command(s):
- To test IPP printing, enter the command:
.\pc-edgenode-service -command test-ipp-print [printer-ip]
- To test Queue printing, enter the command:
.\pc-edgenode-service -command test-queue-print [queue-name]
- A successful test looks like this:
- If the problem persists, try printing directly to the printer with the same protocol to see if the problem is isolated to the printer.
If printing succeeds when directly printing and not through the PaperCut system it may be because the method of printing, in this case, IPP may not be reliable. Consider adding a printer driver on a trusted Edge Node such as your Super Node to resume printing.
Have a question?
Let us know! We love chatting about what’s going on under the hood. Feel free to leave a comment below or visit our Support Portal for further assistance.
For more information about PaperCut Pocket and Hive, check out the PaperCut Pocket and Hive Help Center.
Keywords: PaperCut Pocket, Admin Setup Help, Mobile, iOS, Android