Can Mobility Print users choose a tray?
“Help! I’m a PaperCut Administrator, and my users need to be able to select a bypass tray when printing through Mobility Print. Is this possible?”
There is a trick to get users printing through a specific tray if this is needed in special situations. This might be a useful solution if a small group of users need to print using special paper in a specific tray.
- Log onto your Windows print server running Mobility Print.
- Add a new print queue for this specific printer, that uses a driver that lets you select the bypass tray or whatever finishing option you want.
- Give this print queue a unique name like “Copy Room Card Stock Tray” or “Finance Printer Check Paper”.
- Once the print queue is created, right-click on the printer in Print Management console, choose “Set Printing Defaults..” then set the default option to be the desired tray.
- Now whenever users send print jobs to this specific print queue, they should print out on the default tray that’s been selected here. Test this out by sending a print job from a Mobility Print client to confirm.
- If that doesn’t work, it might be necessary for the Mobility Print Service to be running as a Service Account in the case of some drivers.
An alternative solution would be to use PaperCut’s Print Deploy feature to push out a print queues with specific print drivers to user’s workstations.
Still have questions?
Let us know! We love chatting about what’s going on under the hood. Feel free to leave a comment below or visit our Support Portal for further assistance.