Choose your language

Choose your login


I'm a student - How do I get a refund for my failed print job?


The printer jammed and ate your job and now you’d like to get your money back!

You expected your print job to come out of the printer, but nothing came out. To add insult to injury, you’ve had the charge deducted from your PaperCut balance. You’re here for our help to get a refund.

We make the PaperCut software that your organization uses and while we don’t have the capability ourselves to login to your system and get your money back directly, we can provide the steps below to make this as painless as possible.

Make the request to your local system administrator yourself

Some schools or colleges have a page listing useful internal websites - which can include the PaperCut login page. If your school or college has a central help system or portal for that kind of information, it’s worth checking there - under ‘PaperCut’, ‘Printing’ or something similar.

You may find you can login to see your previous jobs:

1. Log in to the user web interface at http://[server_name]:9191/user using your network username and password.

2. Locate the first, failed print job on the Recent Print Jobs page.

3. Click the [Request Refund] link.

Note that if you don’t see the request refund link, that means that your organization has switched off the refund functionality through the user interface. In this case, you’ll have to reach out to your IT or Administration department the old-fashioned way (find their email or phone information and get in touch with them directly).

4. Enter a reason.

5. Click Send.

End-of-semester or end-of-year refunds from the print system

If you’ve come to the end of the year, or the end of the semester - congratulations! It’s an exciting time - but there may be that unresolved issue that you still have your printing money locked away inside your school’s printing system.

If you want a refund for your printing money, or need to get your money back at the end of semester or the school year, you’ll have to request this from your school’s or other organization’s Administration department. PaperCut Software doesn’t handle any cash or card payments for schools or other organisations, and we don’t have any access to the money or other payments - so you’ll have to have a chat with your IT or Admin department.

Still stuck?

Once you find who can help, show them this handy guide which should help get everything sorted.

Categories: End User Articles , Charging and Billing

Keywords: refund , refund job , refund print , failed job , failed print , account , account balance , balance , redeem job , redeem print , credit , refund credit , student , help


Last updated June 13, 2024