Automatically route jobs to other printers
I’ve got certain types of jobs that should really only be processed by one particular printer in my system- can I do something to automate this?
Yes! As long as you’re on version 10.1 or newer, this is supported via the Advanced Scripting feature! Even if you’re not a coding-wiz you can still access this ability through some of our pre-existing script recipes.
Some things to consider…
- The driver of the queue you’re rerouting from needs to be compatible with the machine that you’re re-routing to. If you experience issues with print jobs that have been rerouted, try tinkering with the drivers.
- If the printers just will not cooperate with common drivers, you may want to consider a notification and cancellation script to notify the user that they need to manually send the job to the proper queue.
- Navigate to the printer menu that you want to route jobs away from (NOT the printer you’re re-routing to)
- Click on the scripting tab.
- Click Enable Print Script
- Click Import Recipe
- Select the best recipe for your needs and modify as necessary (change printer names and environmental-specifics for your organization)
Re-routing script recipes (Select one in PaperCut):
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can build your own script using our Print Scripting API Reference.
Keywords: print redirection, re-print, rollover, direct