HP: OXPd vs Workpath
This article is intended for:
- Reseller staff who install the PaperCut Hive printer app on HP printers
- Customer’s system administrators
Installation of the PaperCut Hive HP printer app from the PaperCut Hive admin console, which prompts the installer to choose between OXPd or Workpath.
Workpath: The reseller installer’s computer doesn’t need to be in the same network as the customer’s.
OXPd: Requires that the installer’s computer be connected to the customer’s network.
PaperCut Hive HP Workpath printer app installation
Reseller manages the installation of PaperCut Hive printer app to the printer
- Reseller accesses the HP Command Center and pushes the PaperCut Hive printer app to the printer.
- Reseller asks the customer’s system administrator to log in to PaperCut Hive web admin console and inform linking code to reseller.
- Reseller types linking code on the PaperCut Hive app on the printer’s screen to link printer to the customer’s PaperCut Hive account.
PaperCut Hive HP OXPd printer app installation
One-click setup method is available on the PaperCut Hive web admin console. The person installing the PaperCut Hive printer app needs to be in the same network as the printer, then input the printer’s admin username and password.
If instead of one-click setup a manual setup is preferred, the installer person may refer to the installation guide available on the PaperCut Hive web admin console.
Not all HP printers support Workpath.
You can check the HP website to see compatible devices.
You can also check it yourself by logging into the device’s own admin page.
For more information about PaperCut Pocket and Hive, check out the PaperCut Pocket and Hive Help Center.