Please also see Reporting Problems
The debug option causes a Lexmark device to produce a detailed text log of activity. The log allows our developers to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Enabling debugging is only usually required if requested by the PaperCut Support team.
To enable debug in Lexmark devices:
1. Access the “SE” menu by using a web browser to go to the URL:
http://<device-ip>/se, where <device-ip> is the IP address of the Lexmark device. Note the ending “/se” attached to the URL.
2. Click “Embedded Solutions” near the bottom.
3. Click “Set Logging Level”
4. Click “Yes” and “Submit”.
5. Reboot the device.
6. Now perform the problem action. Try to select a situation that is likely to cause the issue being investigated such as a copy off the glass or a reboot.
7. Record the approximate time of the problem and/or the name of the user logging in. This will help the developers match up log entries with your test activity. Additional information such as what was observed or what was expected would also be useful.
8. Go back to the SE menu as above:
9. Click “Embedded Solutions”
10. Click “Log File”. Copy & paste the text into an email to PaperCut support.
Include an explanation of the steps taken, along with any other other information requested by the PaperCut Developers.
Categories: Debugging, PaperCut MF - Lexmark