The Toshiba MFD can make use of the Elatec TWN3 range of card-readers for authentication. If you have an Elatec reader supplied by Toshiba, no changes should be required and your card reader should work out-of-the-box. If you have sourced your card reader elsewhere, or if it does not work with your Toshiba device, you may need to flash the reader with custom firmware.
We recommend trying your card reader first, and only attempting the firmware flash if it does not already work.
This firmware has been made available to PaperCut for our customers and partners to install. This is available to download from the link below:
To change the firmware:
- Unzip the above to a Windows PC.
- Connect the USB card reader to the PC.
- If you haven’t connected a Elatec to your computer before, you’ll need to install the driver which are included in the above Zip file.
- Once connected run the “TWNConfig.exe” program from the above zip file, then press the “Connect” button. After the device is connected, select the 4.12 firmware version on the “Firmware” tab and then press the “Program” button.
- Press the “Restart” button and allow device to restart.
- Press the “Connect” button again and check that the device is in the “USB: Intelligent Virtual COM port” mode. If you change this, press the “Write Config” button to save the configuration.
- Press “Restart” to restart the reader.
At this point the reader is ready to be used on Toshiba devices.
IMPORTANT: To use this MFP on other devices, you need to install the standard firmware to the device.
Categories: PaperCut MF, PaperCut MF - Toshiba