The army of Australian ninja developers here at PaperCut have been silently and stealthy working away to create Rel 12.1 specially for you.
There’s a plethora of new features so without further ado…
- Priyanka also developed a job deletion notification feature. When using hold/release queues users can be notified, either via the desktop client or email, before (or when) their held job is deleted. More information in the manual here .
- You can now add one or more custom URLs to a user’s PaperCut web page. For instance you can add a link to your intranet portal or you can just add simple links to a printer policy or help document on the local network. To set it up, please see here . [caption id=“attachment_1758” align=“aligncenter” width=“300” caption=“An example of custom URL on the User Web Tools page”] [/caption]
- A swag load of new printer improvements — refer to the release notes for details, but highlights include: support for Epson’s new range of printers using ESC/P-R; enhancements and fixes for forced attributes feature released in PaperCut 12; and various improvements to colour and page count detection.
- For users of our off the glass tracking solutions (PaperCut MF) we are releasing support for Samsung XOA and Toshiba SDK2 devices plus updates for Kyocera-Mita HyPAS embedded, Lexmark LeSF and Sharp OSA devices.
- Lot of minor features and fixes far too numerous to enumerate here, again please refer to the release notes.
As well as hacking on software, we’ve also had an addition to the team. Jason’s wife gave birth to their first child a few days ago — congratulations to the proud parents, and we have two more babies due later in the year. Must be all the coffee we drink!
If you have a current subscription to our premium upgrade assurance plan you may upgrade to version 12.1 at no additional cost. For our other customers please see our upgrade policy to determine if you are eligible for a free upgrade. Once-off upgrades may be purchased via our online order system. Upgrading now will entitle you to all the releases in the 12.x series throughout the year.