PaperCut's iPad Printing support enables printing to all your PaperCut managed printers across your enterprise. As well as enabling printing, the PaperCut iPad App also provides the rich functionality desktop users are used to, such as authentication, balance display and selecting / charging to shared accounts when printing.
How It Works
1. Print from your iPad to one of your organization's printers
2. Close your app, touch the Printing icon
3. Your job prints, and PaperCut shows your job's status
The first time a user opens the Printing app (on a non-shared device) they are asked to authenticate.
Simple! PaperCut builds on the inbuilt printing support in iOS to track and/or charge the user who printed, enabling iPad printing in education without resulting in a free-for-all!
PaperCut's iPad Print support works by providing two key parts:
- The PaperCut Printer Advertiser - advertises the Apple CUPS printers managed by PaperCut using Bonjour/mDNS (so the iPads users can find the PaperCut controlled queues).
- The PaperCut iOS App, providing support for print authentication, balance display, account selection and other features.
For more information including technical details and system requirements see the user manual section on PaperCut & iPad/iOS Printing.
Account selection for staff
Print job confirmation
Note: PaperCut does not require an "AirPrint enabled printer". AirPrint is a technology built into printers to support direct printing. PaperCut works by intercepting jobs as they pass via your organization's central print queue. For PaperCut's iPad printing, the print queue technology used is simply CUPS - the print queue system installed by default with Mac OS X.
Combined with PaperCut's conversion filters iPad printing can be automatically converted to duplex (to save paper) or grayscale (to avoid printing websites in color unnecessarily).
When printing from other platforms like Android or Windows, try Mobility Print, PaperCut's simplified printing solution for BYOD and mobile devices.