PaperCut brings its suite of print management features to organizations integrating Google Cloud Print (GCP).
The combination of PaperCut and GCP enables and facilitates management of users with Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) such as smartphones, tablets, chromebooks, and notebooks that do not connect exclusively to existing print networks.
Centralize Cloud Print Management
Google Cloud Print has done away with the need for the installation of drivers and physical connectivity to printers between GMail, Google Drive, Android and ChromeOS devices.
PaperCut augments the flexibility provided by Google Cloud Print by providing:
- Print quotas for cost reduction and management, particularly useful with the growth of BYOD.
- User and Printer level print tracking to monitor printing from cloud services.
- Comprehensive real-time reporting delivering information on mobile and BYOD print activity.
- Secure cloud app printing using job "hold & release" methods such as mobile print release.
As cross-platform software, PaperCut makes it easy to immediately publish your organization's existing print queues from Windows, Mac or Linux servers, all from a central management console. In addition you can leverage your current user identification as setup in your Active Directory or LDAP domains.
The Google Cloud Print option is available across the full range of device platforms, including Google Apps on iOS devices.
How it works...
PaperCut tracks and controls printing by sitting between the Google Cloud and network print infrastructure.
As print jobs are sent from mobile devices, desktops or Google Apps to the cloud print service, they are immediately tracked and controlled by PaperCut.
PaperCut enforces print policies and quotas before passing the print jobs onto your existing network print infrastructure.
Streamline deployment for all print devices
PaperCut simplifies and streamlines the Google Cloud Print setup without the need to purchase new "Cloud Ready" print devices. PaperCut automates the process of publishing your existing printers.
PaperCut helps administration by:
- Managing mapping of Google Accounts to Domain Accounts.
- Allowing devices hosted across on all your servers to be published from one location.
- Leveraging your existing print policies - no need to setup new rules or queues.
For more information...
PaperCut's Google Cloud Print is a core feature included as standard.
If you would like to know more, please read our Common Questions regarding Google Cloud Print Knowledge Base article as well as the Google Cloud Print website for more detailed information regarding GCP.
To see how Google Cloud Print fits in with our Mobile and BYOD printing solutions, check out Mobile & BYOD Printing in the manual.
Did you know that you can now scan to your Google Drive account? Scan to cloud Storage is now available and part of integrated scanning on PaperCut MF.