This knowledge base article applies to PaperCut Quota. If you’re interested in a translation for PaperCut NG, please contact our development team via the support email address.
Q I have just installed paper cut quota on a Windows 2003 server. After the initial configuration is complete on the first attempt to open paper cut quota the following error appears:
Run-time error ‘383’: ‘Text’ property is read only.
This is one of the “known bugs” in the 4.X release. You should perform the following manual tasks:
- Start→Run…., then enter “regedit” and press OK
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MANCHINE\Software\PaperCut
- Right-click on the Key UserImportGroup and select Modify
- Delete all text in the Value data: box and click OK
- Open PaperCut and manually set the required user information import settings under the Options section.
Categories: Legacy Articles, Errors