It’s no secret that end-users and administrators don’t particularly love printers.
Printing is a particularly triggering business technology for many. This is due to how many problems people experience when they press print.
But printers aren’t the enemy. They’re just misunderstood. There are a lot of different things that can cause issues when printing. This brings us to today’s episode of the Print Geeks podcast.
I’m joined in the studio by PaperCutter Jemma Roxburgh: our Tier 3 Technical Support team lead, all the way from Bracknell, United Kingdom. Jem has been at PaperCut for 6 years and has dealt with all the technical tickets you can think of at a software company. I asked Jem to break down for me the most common printing problems she comes across. As well as any tips for fixing or troubleshooting said issues.
Now, a word to the wise, these all apply to PaperCut-managed print environments. Primarily our products PaperCut MF and PaperCut NG. But, there are some little tips for our cloud products PaperCut Hive and PaperCut Pocket as well.
Tune in to hear all the top tips on how to cure your printing woes. As well as some fun anecdotes about the wild and wacky world that is working in technical support.
- Introduction 0:13
- A bit about Jemma and how PaperCut support works 3:51
- Printing problems overview 7:21
- How to log in 9:47
- Site down situations 12:30
- Upgrading too high 18:01
- Print Nightmare 19:55
- BYOD printing issues 23:15
- Mobility Print troubleshooting 26:48
- Print Deploy troubleshooting 32:24
- Secure Print Release 36:47
- MFD issues 38:22
- Printer driver tips 42:47
- Network issues 46:24
- PaperCut application server specs 49:00
- PaperCut Hive and PaperCut Pocket tips 52:29
- Thank you Jemma 55:51
- Printing problems summary 56:50 LISTEN NOW