- Canon now with color copy restriction control
- Prevent jobs from being released to a printer in error
- Samsung job purge for jobs released to offline printers
- Customizable start dates for running reports
- Early Access for PaperCut MF
- Release Notes
Color copy restriction supported on Canon
In large organizations with many users printing, it’s easy for costs to get out of hand if unmanaged. While the ability to control printing activity can significantly cut these charges, copying costs can still become a concern.
PaperCut MF on Canon devices now supports controlled access to color features in copying. Color copying on Canon devices with AMS can be restricted by user group to help minimise unnecessary color usage and reduce color printing and copying costs.
- Existing and new Canon customers
- Requires Access Management System (AMS)
Prevent jobs from being released to a printer reporting an error
When a printer is in error, confusion and concern can soon follow; print jobs can get lost and refunds might be needed. The support implications can quickly escalate in a busy environment with the need to deal with frustrated users on top of resolving the printer error.
PaperCut NG / MF gives administrators the ability to choose whether or not they want to allow users to release jobs to printers reporting an error, alleviating user concern and reducing administrators’ reactive work created by a printer in error.
A consistent alert is presented across all web-based Release Stations and Standard Release Stations with PaperCut NG, with PaperCut MF extending this feature to supported MFD Release Stations. This alert provides users with the information they need to be able to choose to either release to an alternative printer in a Find-Me environment, resolve the printer error, or simply come back later.
Benefits for customers
- Error awareness - Notifies users of device errors and creates alerts in the PaperCut Admin web interface for SysAdmins.
- Reduced reactive work - limits print jobs released to a device in error, reducing the queue of stuck print jobs and possible refunds along with alleviating user confusion.
- Consistency - The same error message format is shown on the Release Station, no matter what brand of device.
- Configurability - Provides SysAdmins with the control to prevent users from releasing to a supported printer reporting an error. Configurable per device for in-built Print Release at the device, or for all web-based Release Stations and Standard Release Stations.
- Customers who use Device Release Stations. See supported platforms below.
- Larger Education and Enterprise organizations that are susceptible to busy periods.
- Customers who offer printing outside of technical support hours.
View Release Notes for a list of Supported PaperCut MF devices and further details.
PaperCut MF job purge enhancement on Samsung
Taking our printer in error enhancement one step further
PaperCut MF have introduced a solution to manage print jobs released to Samsung devices reporting a hardware fault error. Not only are users presented with an alert at the Release Station prior to releasing their print job, but with PaperCut 16.4 and Samsung Job Purge, users are provided a way to delete jobs that have already been released to a device that is reporting a hardware fault.
Further information available in the Samsung Embedded Manual in the Portal.
Customizable start dates for running reports
You can now configure the start day or date for your weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly scheduled reporting periods, using a set of new config keys. The Reports > Schedule / Email Reports page displays the date on which the next report will run.
Early Access for PaperCut MF 16.4
PaperCut MF is a more advanced product than PaperCut NG, due to the addition of embedded hardware functionality. When new versions of PaperCut MF are released to market, they are in Early Access.
The Early Access build is market ready, it is not a BETA or pilot phase. It is an opportunity for you to get your hands on the latest release and provide feedback.
It’s your choice, if you don’t have an immediate need for the latest features, enhancements or fixes, remain with the current build.
If you choose to download the Early Access build, during Early Access you receive:
- Premium support
- Proactive messaging about any issues
- Feedback to PaperCut on your installation, keeping you on the front foot
All through a dedicated email address available after registration.
Read more and sign up for Early Access here.