PaperCut MF provides integration with Samsung XOX-E Multi Function Devices, enabling the tracking, charging and billing of "off the glass" copying, faxing and scanning. The PaperCut MF solution uses the capabilities of Samsung device to provide walk up copier (MFD) users with the same set of rich features provided by PaperCut's print control software. These include:
- Monitoring and control of photocopying, scanning, faxing and on-device printing from device storage and USB drives
- Enabling quotas, charging, allocation and logging of output
- Allocation of all job types to accounts/departments/cost-centers/projects
- Optional proximity/swipe card authentication on the device via supported USB readers
- Releasing print jobs from a hold/release queue (secure printing)
- Group-based access and control to the device, including color copying
- End user authentication including integration with enterprise single sign-on environments such as Active Directory, Open Directory, eDirectory, LDAP and others
Consolidated reporting and management
Consolidated management and reporting in either summary or detailed formats are readily available at the click of a button for all copies and prints across your entire fleet:
- By device (printers & copiers)
- By user
- By shared account (client, department, faculty)
- By location
- By date and time / period
- By environmental impact
For more information about reporting see the Reporting in detail tour section.
Track and control copying
- Charge different types of copying at different rates
- All usage reported in the PaperCut logs
- Optionally limit amount of copying users can perform
Track faxing and scanning
- Track scanning to e-mail or to a file
- Track sending faxes
- Simple per-page cost model or 2-tiered cost model for volume discounts
- All usage reported in the PaperCut logs
- Filter job logs to display just copy, fax or scan jobs
Find-me printing integration
- Also known as "Follow Me" or "Pull Printing", Find Me printing enables users to print to a single virtual global queue. They can then walk up, log on to any Papercut managed device and have their print job printed on the spot.
- More on Find Me printing in our PaperCut NG tour.
- PaperCut MF uses your existing single sign-on infrastructure allowing users to log in with the same username and password used elsewhere on the network. No need to remember and maintain multiple logins!
Integrates with existing single sign-on environments such as:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Novell eDirectory
- Other LDAP, NIS or POSIX environments
- Optionally authenticate using convenient ID numbers and optional PINs for extra security
The Samsung MFD solution is developed by the PaperCut Software development team. This means that the copier interface is consistent with the other PaperCut user interface; users only have to learn one system and one set of terminology.
PaperCut MF is a single solution where print and copier control are all managed in the one system. Users have a single account and administrators have the same level of reporting and administration for all services.
Seamless user experience
- Provide users with the same account selection options they use for desktop printing
- If shared account access is granted, users have the option to select accounts from a list or using a PIN
- Control access to accounts using Active Directory groups
Integration is supported for all A3 and A4 Samsung MFPs with XOA-E 1.10 or later, including the following:
- CLX-8385 NX
- CLX-8640/8650 ND
- CLX-9201/9251/9301 NA
- CLX-9250/9350/9252/9352 ND
- SCX-5835 NX
- SCX-6545/6555 NX
- SCX-8030/8040 ND
- SCX-8128 NX
- SCX-8230NA, SCX-8240NA
- M4370LX, M5370LX
- M4080FX, M4580FX, M4583FX
- X4250LX, X4300LX
PaperCut makes all attempts to keep the product compatibility information on this website current. However, we make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to manufacturer's products or the interoperation with the listed PaperCut product(s). We offer 40 day trial versions of PaperCut software to assist you with compatibility testing with your network setup.
Consistency & vendor neutrality
The Samsung MFD solution is developed in-house by the PaperCut Software development team. This ensures consistency in all areas of the application.
All MFD solutions communicate with the PaperCut server whether it be running on Windows, Windows Cluster, Linux, Novell or Mac Server.
Rate of development
PaperCut is developed under a release-often policy where new features are made available to users as soon as they are complete. Unlike hardware based solutions, new versions can be delivered to users regularly as software updates.
Many of PaperCut's customers have stringent security requirmenets (accurate billing, conficentially etc). All MFD solutions are designed to support security needs. If security issues are discoverd then any deficiencies are fully disclosed until a fix is supplied.