PaperCut MF provides integration with Dell MFDs, to enable the tracking, charging or billing of network printing and "off the glass" copying, faxing and scanning.
The PaperCut MF embedded solution uses the Dell MFD built-in touchscreen to provide a rich set of application features including:
- Tracking of all copies, prints, scans and faxes.
- End user authentication, including integration with single sign-on to industry leading environments.
- Optional magnetic and proximity (contactless) card swipe authentication via "off the shelf" USB based card readers
- Group-based access and control to all supported MFDs / multi-function printers.
- Charging and accounting by quotas, debit accounts and shared accounts which may represent a department, company, matter, project or other user group or cost center.
- Secure Print release of confidential materials.
- Support for "find me" printing, utilizing PaperCut MF's core web print, mobile print and mobile print release features.
PaperCut MF provides centralized management of all users, copiers and printers via a simple web based Administration console, where all copying and network printing can be managed together from a centrally adminstered location.
Leverage your existing single sign-on infrastructure by allowing users to log in with the same username and password used elsewhere on the network. No need to remember and maintain multiple logins!
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Novell eDirectory
- Other LDAP, NIS or POSIX environments
- Optionally authenticate using swipe or proximity cards
- Display instructions and your organization's own custom logo on the login screen.
Protect and limit access to your valuable Dell MFDs from unauthorized staff and visitors or restrict functions e.g. color copying to selected members of your organization. Group memberships in your user directory can serve as a basis for access control.
PaperCut MF tracks copying page-by-page and reports usage for up to the minute reporting. Page and job attributes including color/grayscale, page sizes, duplex logged by user, device and date/time are standard features.
Using PaperCut MF to identify, track and log all activity enables accurate, consolidated reporting of costs and usage across your whole copier and printer fleet. When copying and printing, users can be controlled and managed under a predetermined set of rules, such as:
- a user allocated quota or budget,
- forced selection of shared account e.g. job, client / matter IDs
- a pay per use policy, where funds are debited based on pages printed or job cost.
The device will deny copying in excess of quota or account balance.
Track and Control Scanning and Faxing
- Track scanning to e-mail
- Track sending faxes
- All usage reported in the PaperCut logs
- Optionally limit amount of scanning/faxing users can perform
- Filter job logs to display just copy, scan/fax jobs
Each job may be allocated to a shared account that can represent a department, project, client / matter or cost center.
- Administrators can configure each user's interface and account availability depending on their role.
- Access to shared accounts is easily administered and can leverage Active Directory/LDAP groups.
- Real-time account and user level reporting is a core feature
If enabled, shared accounts can be accessed using a number of convenient on-screen methods:
- Selection from list
- Quick entry via code/PIN
- Client billing options - comments & invoice
For more information about shared account see the Account Based Tracking in detail tour section.
Consolidated Reporting and Management
PaperCut offers more than 50 standard reports covering all typically required copy, print and user detail. All reports can be scheduled to be delivered automatically by email. Highlights include reporting usage and costs by:
- Device (printers & copiers)
- Shared account (client, department, faculty)
- Date and time range
- Environmental impact
For more information about reporting see the Reporting tour section.
Secure Print Release and Find-Me Printing
PaperCut offers secure print release as a core feature. The Dell MFDs with PaperCut MF embedded provides print release directly from the touch screen.
Release methods include:
- Automatic release on log in
- Release from list
This feature ensures that only the owner is able to securely release and retrieve their job at the MFD.
"Find Me" printing is also known as "Follow Me", "Follow You" or "Pull Printing". This feature provides users with the ability to press "print" and then retrieve their job at any supported printer on the network. More on Find Me printing in our PaperCut NG tour.
Integration is supported for selected Dell A3 / A4 workgroup devices, including:
- Dell Color Multifunction Printer – C5765dn
- Dell Color Multifunction Printer – C7765dn
- Dell Mono Multifunction Printer – B3465dnf
- Dell Mono Multifunction Printer – B5465dnf
More devices coming soon.
PaperCut makes all attempts to keep the product compatibility information on this website current. However, we make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to manufacturer's products or the interoperation with the listed PaperCut product(s). We offer 40 day trial versions of PaperCut software to assist you with compatibility testing with your network setup.
Consistency & Vendor neutrality
The Dell embedded solution is developed in-house by the PaperCut Software development team. This ensures consistency in all areas of the application. All embedded solutions communicate with the local PaperCut server whether it be running on Windows, Windows Cluster, Linux, Novell or Mac Server.
Rate of development
PaperCut is developed under a release-often policy where new features are made available to users as soon as they are complete. Unlike hardware based solutions, new versions can be installed with an easy 'over the top' update installation as new version are made available.
Today, security is a paramount consideration for organizations of all sizes. PaperCut was initially developed in education catering for both students and staff, where access and security is a high priority. Where security objectives can't be satisfied, any deficiencies are fully disclosed.
Disclaimer: Dell is a Trademark of Dell USA. PaperCut is solely responsible for the contents of this publication and the performance of PaperCut's products.