PaperCut MF provides integration with Toshiba MFDs, enabling the tracking and billing of "off the glass" copying, faxing and scanning. The solution uses Toshiba devices' built-in touch screen to provide a rich set of application features for walk-up copier, fax and scan usage, including:
- End user authentication including integration with single sign-on environments such as Active Directory, Open Directory, eDirectory, LDAP and others
- Optional proximity and swipe card authentication (via USB based card readers)
- Group-based access control to the device and color copying
- Monitoring and control of photocopying (quotas, charging, allocation and logging)
- Allocation of usage to accounts/departments/cost-centers/projects
- Releasing print jobs from a hold/release queue (secure printing)
PaperCut MF Toshiba Brochure
Learn more in the PaperCut MF Brochure about the Toshiba embedded solution.
US Letter Brochure
PaperCut is a single integrated solution where copier usage is managed together with network printing all in one system. Users have a single account and administrators have the same level of administration for all services.
Leverage your existing single sign-on infrastructure by allowing users to log in with the same username and password used elsewhere on the network. No need to remember and maintain multiple logins!
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Novell eDirectory
- Other LDAP, NIS or POSIX environments
- Optionally authenticate with swipe cards, proximity cards and optional PINs for extra security.
- Use your organization's logo and colors scheme.
Protect your valuable Toshiba MFDs from usage by unauthorized staff or visitors or limit expensive color copying to selected members of your organization.
Group memberships in your user directory can serve as a basis for fine-grained access control.
track and control copying, faxing and scanning
- Charge different types of copying at different rates
- Restrict access to color copying
- All usage reported centrally in the PaperCut logs
- Optionally apply quotas to limit what users can copy/fax/scan
The Toshiba embedded solution offers the same level of tracking for copying as PaperCut does for printing. Jobs may be allocated to a shared accounts that represent departments, projects or clients.
- Shared accounts are optional - some users can have a simplified interface while others get access to search and select accounts.
- Shared account access is easily controlled using Active Directory/LDAP groups.
- Real-time account and user level reporting.
If enabled, shared accounts can be accessed using a number of on-screen convenient methods:
- Selection from list
- Quick entry via code/PIN
- Search by keyword
Users are configured once and are provided with a consistent experience for both network printing and off-the-glass MFP use.
For more information about shared account see the Account Based Tracking in detail tour section.
consolidated reporting and management
PaperCut offers more than 50 standard reports. Reports detail copying, printing or consolidated view. Highlights include:
- By device (printers & copiers)
- By user
- By shared account (client, department, faculty)
- By location
- By date and time / period
- By environmental impact
For more information about reporting see the Reporting tour section.
print release and find-me printing
PaperCut offers hold/release queue as a core feature supporting all device types. The Toshiba embedded solution provides print release directly from the touch screen. Release methods include:
- Automatic release on log in
- Release from list
- Secure release
This feature ensures the user is there to collect their job and other users can't "accidentally" collect their document.
Find Me printing, also known as "Follow Me" or "Pull Printing", provides users in environments with several identical multi-function devices to print to a single virtual global queue. They can then walk up and log on to a device nearby available device and have their print job pulled from the global queue and printed on the spot. More on Find Me printing in our PaperCut NG tour.
Toshiba MFD requirements (Please contact your authorized Toshiba service center for more details):
- Recent models supporting the real-time SNMP log feature.
- Embedded Web Browser (EWB) / External Interface Enabler (Code: GS-1020) - sold as an option.
Integration is supported for the following Toshiba models:
- Models from the e-BRIDGE X series:
- e-STUDIO 206L
- e-STUDIO 256
- e-STUDIO 256SE
- e-STUDIO 306
- e-STUDIO 306SE
- e-STUDIO 356
- e-STUDIO 356SE
- e-STUDIO 456
- e-STUDIO 456SE
- e-STUDIO 556
- e-STUDIO 556SE
- e-STUDIO 656
- e-STUDIO 656SE
- e-STUDIO 756
- e-STUDIO 756SE
- e-STUDIO 856
- e-STUDIO 856SE
- e-STUDIO 2040C
- e-STUDIO 2040CSE
- e-STUDIO 2540C
- e-STUDIO 2540CSE
- e-STUDIO 3040C
- e-STUDIO 3040CSE
- e-STUDIO 3540C
- e-STUDIO 3540CSE
- e-STUDIO 4540C
- e-STUDIO 4540CSE
- e-STUDIO 5540C
- e-STUDIO 5540CSE
- e-STUDIO 6540C
- e-STUDIO 6540CSE
- e-STUDIO 6550C
- e-STUDIO 6550CSE
- e-STUDIO 2050C
- e-STUDIO 2550C
- e-STUDIO 2051C
- e-STUDIO 2555C
- e-STUDIO 3055C
- e-STUDIO 3555C
- e-STUDIO 4555C
- e-STUDIO 5055C
- e-STUDIO 287CS
- e-STUDIO 347CS
- e-STUDIO 407CS
- e-STUDIO 477S
- e-STUDIO 527S
- Models from the e-BRIDGE 3 series (requires firmware 303 and above):
- e-STUDIO 255
- e-STUDIO 305
- e-STUDIO 355
- e-STUDIO 455
- e-STUDIO 555
- e-STUDIO 655
- e-STUDIO 755
- e-STUDIO 855
- e-STUDIO 2050c
- e-STUDIO 2330c
- e-STUDIO 2550c
- e-STUDIO 2820c
- e-STUDIO 2830c
- e-STUDIO 3520c
- e-STUDIO 3530c
- e-STUDIO 4520c
- e-STUDIO 5520c
- e-STUDIO 6520c
- e-STUDIO 6530c
- In addition the following Toshiba models are supported under the Toshiba LeSF solution.
- e-STUDIO 525P
- e-STUDIO 385S
- e-STUDIO 305CP
- e-STUDIO 305CS
PaperCut makes all attempts to keep the product compatibility information on this website current. However, we make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to manufacturer's products or the interoperation with the listed PaperCut product(s). We offer 40 day trial versions of PaperCut software to assist you with compatibility testing with your network setup.
consistency & vendor neutrality
The Toshiba embedded solution is developed in-house by the PaperCut Software development team. This ensures consistency in all areas of the application.
All embedded solutions communicate with the PaperCut server whether it be running on Windows, Windows Cluster, Linux, Novell or Mac Server.
rate of development
PaperCut is developed under a release-often policy where new features are made available to users as soon as they are complete. Unlike hardware based solutions, new versions can be delivered to users regularly as software updates.
A large percentage of PaperCut's user base is in education environments where security is important. All embedded solutions are developed with security in mind. Where security objectives can't be satisfied, any deficiencies are fully disclosed.