PaperCut is pleased to announce the completed development of PaperCut's Embedded solution for Canon MEAP (Multi-Function Embedded Application Platform) devices - available in the UK, the Americas and Singapore.
PaperCut MF embedded application tour for Canon MFD - watch on YouTube
PaperCut MF Interface Walkthrough for Canon MFDs - watch on YouTube
The PaperCut embedded application for Canon provides the following features:
- User MFD authentication
- Username and password
- Unique User ID Number
- Optional PIN for secure two stage authentication
- Optional Card Authentication (USB Card reader required)
- Accessibility with an optional external keyboard login (external keyboard required)
- Anonymous user login
- Card self-association - users can register their own card on first-use
- Track, charge, manage quotas and control of Print, Copy, Scan and Fax
- Account selection at the MFD (department, cost centre, client / matter or project code)
- Quick search from a list
- Search account by keyword or code
- Release print jobs from the touchscreen
The Canon embedded solution is developed in-house by the PaperCut Software development team. This ensures that the copier interface is consistent with the workstation print interface, meaning users only have to learn one system and one set of terminology.
PaperCut MF is a single integrated solution where print and copier control are all managed in the one system. Users have a single account and administrators have the same level of reporting and administration for all services. The embedded solution interacts with the PaperCut server using a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services based protocols.
Rate of Development
PaperCut is developed under a release-often policy where new features are made available to users as soon as they are complete. Unlike hardware based solutions, new versions can be delivered to users regularly as software updates.
PaperCut remains true to its vendor neutral stance. All embedded solutions are equal and support all server OS's including Windows, Linux and Mac.
A large percentage of PaperCut's user base is in education environments where security is important. All embedded solutions are developed with security in mind. Where security objectives can't be satisfied, any deficiencies are fully disclosed.
- Leverage your existing single sign-on infrastructure by allowing users to log in with the same username and password used elsewhere on the network. No need to remember and maintain multiple logins!
Integrate with existing single sign-on environments such as:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Novell eDirectory
- Other LDAP, NIS or POSIX environments
- Optionally authenticate using convenient ID numbers and optional PINs for extra security
Find Me printing integration
- Also known as "Follow Me" or "Pull Printing", Find Me printing provides users in environments with several compatible multi-function devices (MFDs) to print to a single virtual global queue. Users can then collect their print jobs from any MFD.
- Read more about Find Me printing in our PaperCut tour.
Track and Control Copying
- Charge different types of copying at different rates
- All usage reported in the PaperCut logs
- Optionally limit amount of copying users can perform
Track Faxing and Scanning
- Track scanning to e-mail or to a file
- Track sending faxes
- Simple per-page cost model or 2-tiered cost model for volume discounts
- All usage reported in the PaperCut logs
- Filter job logs to display just copy, fax or scan jobs
Seamless User Experience
- Provide users with the same account selection options they use for printing via the popup
- If shared account access is granted, users have the option to select accounts from a list or using a PIN
- Control access to accounts using Active Directory groups
Consolidated Reporting and Management
Consolidated management and reporting in either summary or detailed formats are readily available at the click of a button for all copies and prints across your entire fleet:
- By device (printers & copiers)
- By user
- By shared account (client, department, faculty)
- By location
- By date and time / period
- By environmental impact
For more information about reporting see the Reporting tour section.
PaperCut's embedded solutions work together with the PaperCut server software. This means that you benefit from a choice of server operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac, and Novell) and all management is conducted from a single admin console. There are no hidden extras such as external dependencies or database licensing.
Integration is supported for many Canon MFD models, including:
- iRADV C2220, iRADV C2220L, iRADV C2220i, iRADV C2220F, iRADV C2230, iRADV C2230i, iRADV C2230F, iRADV C2225, iRADV C2225i, iRADV C2218F-V,
- iRADV C5051, iRADV C5051F, iRADV C5051i, iRADV C5045, iRADV C5045F, iRADV C5045i, iRADV C5035, iRADV C5035F, iRADV C5035i, iRADV C5030, iRADV C5030F, iRADV C5030i,
- iRADV C5255, iRADV C5255F, iRADV C5255i, iRADV C5250, iRADV C5250F, iRADV C5250i, iRADV C5240, iRADV C5240F, iRADV C5240i, iRADV C5235, iRADV C5235F, iRADV C5235i,
- iRADV C9280 PRO, iRADV C7280i, iRADV C9270 PRO, iRADV C7270, iRADV C7270i, iRADV C9270 PRO, iRADV C7270, iRADV C7260, iRADV C7260i,
- iRADV 400, iRADV 400i, iRADV 400iF, iRADV 500, iRADV 500i, iRADV 500iF,
- iRADV 4051, iRADV 4051i, iRADV 4051F, iRADV 4051A, iRADV 4045, iRADV 4045i, iRADV 4045F, iRADV 4045A, iRADV 4035, iRADV 4035i, iRADV 4035F, iRADV 4035A, iRADV 4025, iRADV 4025i, iRADV 4025F, iRADV 4025A,
- iRADV 4251, iRADV 4251i, iRADV 4251A, iRADV 4245, iRADV 4245i, iRADV 4245A, iRADV 4245F, iRADV 4235, iRADV 4235i, iRADV 4235A, iRADV 4235F, iRADV 4225, iRADV 4225i, iRADV 4225A, iRADV 4225F,
- iRADV 6075, iRADV 6075i, iRADV 6065, iRADV 6065i, iRADV 6055, iRADV 6055i,
- iRADV 6275, iRADV 6275i, iRADV 6265, iRADV 6265i, iRADV 6255, iRADV 6255i,
- iRADV 6555, iRADV 6555i, iRADV 6565, iRADV 6565i, iRADV 6575, iRADV 6575i
- iRADV 8205 PRO, iRADV 8205, iRADV 8295 PRO, iRADV 8295, iRADV 8285 PRO, iRADV 8285
- iRADV 8505, iRADV 8505B, iRADV 8505i, iRADV 8585, iRADV 8585B, iRADV 8585i, iRADV 8595, iRADV 8595B, iRADV 8595i
- iRADV C250, iRADV C250i, iRADV C250iF, iRADV C350, iRADV C350i, iRADV C350iF, iRADV C351iF, iRADV C350F
- imagePRESS C60, imagePRESS C600, imagePRESS C600i, imagePRESS C700, imagePRESS C800
PaperCut makes all attempts to keep the product compatibility information on this website current. However, we make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to manufacturer's products or the interoperation with the listed PaperCut product(s). We offer 40 day trial versions of PaperCut software to assist you with compatibility testing with your network setup.