PaperCut NG Release History
Like to be notified of new releases?
28 September 2015 - PaperCut NG 15.2 (Build 33771)This is a bugfix release for 15.2 and contains the following changes:
- Fixed minor form auto-completion issue for Web Print users using Safari.
- Improved the readability of the Environmental Dashboard 'Pin to Start' message for Windows 8.1 users.
- Improved handling of GCP's automatically generated, very long job titles when printed on CUPS printers.
- Resolved an issue for some customers running v15.1 which prevented their custom logos and color schemes being applied.
- Fixed an issue which prevented previously assigned secondary email addresses to be assigned to new users.
- Improved color detection for Canon UFR II printer language.
- Fixed an inconsistency in the Total Pages Printed value on the Executive Summary Report.
- Fixed an issue for Site Server customers running 15.1 build where changed user attributes were not being synced.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented some customer's licenses being applied to the PaperCut server.
- Fixed a problem for customers with forced SSL connections from Application Server to Microsoft SQL Server failing to connect to the database.
- Improved handling in the PaperCut Print Provider for Windows print servers with very large numbers of queues (over 1900).
- Fixed a rare issue in PCL6 page level color detection when spool files are truncated.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
3 September 2015 - PaperCut NG 15.2 (Build 33665)
For a snapshot view of 15.2 features, see what's New and Noteworthy.
Modern Operating System ready: PaperCut has been adapted and is ready for the next wave of Operating Systems including:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X El Capitan
- Modern GNU/Linux distributions using systemd
- Site Server: In the event of network outages, print queues and MFDs can utilize a Site Server to deliver business continuity including support for Print Release and Find-Me Printing. Introduced in 15.0 under the Early Access Program, 15.2 now includes a single Site Server license as standard.
- Printer Group Management: New controls for the improved usability of printer groups, including assignment of printers to groups, as well as filters and reports.
- Desktop Client screen now supports customizable text when configured for ID/PIN login.
- Customers that have opted to hide card numbers in their system settings will no longer see these numbers in any reports.
- Added a new configuration option to handle separator pages in conjunction with hardware page count validation.
- Enhanced security of User Web UI to defend against emerging scripting attacks.
- Web Print: Added support for Adobe Reader DC.
- Added Hardware Page Count validation for OKI devices.
- Google Cloud Print:
- Additional paper size support for printers deployed via PaperCut.
- Fixed a stability issue for GCP and Email to Print users when the user record contains an un-contactable email address.
- Page analysis:
- Improved page counting for HP printers using HPGL drivers.
- Improved handling of blank pages for printers using Konica Minolta PCL6 drivers.
- Improved counting of print jobs containing multiple copies when using Ricoh RPCS drivers.
- Print Groups: Fixed an issue when using Print Groups on the "Group - print/scan/copy/fax - breakdown" report which would previously fail to run.
- Payment Gateways: Fixed an issue that may have prevented users from accessing Moneris, Authorize.Net and Barclaycard payment gateways.
- Environmental Dashboard: Improved handling of large numerical values in the environmental dashboard.
- Reports: Fix minor alignment issues in the Executive Summary report.
- Added additional translation support for App Log entries.
- Fixed an issue for customers using PDL transforms on Mac servers which may result in transformed jobs not printing.
- Fixed a rare issue on SQL Server installations in multi-byte encoding locales (e.g. Japan) which may have caused logging issues.
- Microsoft Print to PDF virtual printer has been added to the ignored printers list.
- Fixed a rare issue causing a customer's new license reverting to their old license some time after uploading to their installation.
- This release contains a database upgrade.
19 June 2015 - PaperCut NG 15.1 (Build 33291)This is a bugfix release for 15.1 and contains the following changes:
- Fixed an issue with the pre-upgrade database backup that affected some customers.
- Fixed an issue with deletion of users during a user/group sync.
- Customers upgrading to this release from 15.0 build 33182 or earlier will perform a database upgrade.
18 June 2015 - PaperCut NG 15.1 (Build 33284)
For a snapshot view of 15.1 features, see what's New and Noteworthy.
- Audit Logging: Track changes to users within PaperCut. Audit details include who made the change, what attribute was changed as well as the previous and updated values.
- PaperCut LPD Service: PaperCut now includes and LPD Service as a drop in replacement for Microsoft's LPD service which will be end-of-life from Server 2012. This will allow PaperCut to support customer's reliant on this printing protocol.
- Images can now be printed using Web Print and Email to Print. All common formats (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, etc) are supported.
- Document name hiding for jobs in the Windows print queue can now be configured for specific queues via the Admin Interface.
- Updated environmental metrics: The default values used for environmental impact calculations have been updated for new installs. Update values on existing installs via the manual.
- Additional print script recipes:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply a custom job timeout.
- For Google Cloud Print users to bypass account selection requirements.
- Added support for additional languages to the environmental dashboard.
- Improved display of toner levels including updated handling of error cases.
- Site Server: Improved display of server selection dialog for customers with large numbers of servers.
- Release Stations:
- Updated look and feel of print release stations.
- Addition of total cost of pending jobs in web release.
- Temporary printers created by the Novell iPrint client will now be ignored by the PaperCut Print Provider.
- The App Log tab now contains more detailed logging for administrators monitoring changes to security and shared account settings.
- To assist support:
- Spool file snapshots can now be saved to network shares.
- Option to automatically capture abnormal spool files.
- Payment Gateway:
- Updated installations will now include the latest config files to use as a reference.
- PayPal Payflow Link transaction reference now included in transaction logs.
- PaperCut Global Print Driver: Now includes the EnvelopeDL page size.
- Added a new column 'Last usage date' to the 'Printer List' CSV report.
- There are now batch user import sample files available with the installation to complement documentation.
- Fixed a minor issue resulting in an incorrect number of enabled Google Cloud Print printers being displayed on the Mobile/BYOD pages.
- Prevented browsers interpreting saved login credentials as LDAP credentials on the User/Group Settings page.
- Fixed an issue that prevented iOS devices accessing the User Web Interface with the Safari browser.
- Fixed not being able to find child shared accounts using the 'parent\child' syntax (despite results being recommended in autocomplete).
- Job Redirection: Fixed a rare issue where user based cost adjustments were not applied to jobs redirected from a color virtual queue to a grayscale physical queue.
- Fixed a minor issue preventing a secondary email address associated with a deleted user being used again.
- Fixed rare case of XPS jobs failing to process when using conversion filters on Linux print servers.
Printer Compatibility Improvements:
- Add Hardware Page Count support for NEC devices.
- PaperCut Global Print Driver: extended in-built transforms to enhance compatibility.
- Improved PostScript page level color detection for documents created by Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Improved page level color detection for:
- Kyocera PostScript printers.
- PostScript printers using LibreOffice on Linux.
- Acrobat on OSX.
- Improved paper size detection for HP DesignJet T1300 plotter.
- This release DOES contain a database upgrade.
21 May 2015 - PaperCut NG 15.0 (Build 33182)This is a bugfix release for 15.0 and contains the following changes:
- Fixed problem with batch importing internal users whilst overriding the password or PIN.
- Web Print: Fixed problem that can occur when the user is using shared accounts and charging to their personal account.
- Email to Print: Fixed sender verification link when the username contains spaces.
- Google Cloud Print / Email to Print: Improved management and cleanup of temporary files created during printing.
- Allow the 'Manager Mode' pop-up for charged shared accounts when using External Account Source.
Printer Compatibility Improvements:
- Improved color detection with Xerox and Fiery PostScript drivers.
- Improved page size detection when printing from Acrobat PDFMaker 10.1 on Linux.
- Added detection of ARCH E1 paper sizes.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.