PaperCut Release History Version 4« Release history for newer versions
30 April 2004 - PaperCut Quota 4.2
- Detect and automatically delete duplicate print jobs. Feature includes adjustable time window.
- Reduce printer jams by restricting paper sizes. Many printers halt in a "manual load" state when documents with non-support paper size are passed. Administrators can now defined a list of allowed standard paper sizes.
- Filter print jobs by color mode. Provides a way of controlling who can print color documents.
- Improved standard reports, including ability to run reports over given date ranges, or filter for a given user or printer.
- PaperCut Quota: New Microsoft Access reports including trend graph, bar graph and pie charts detailing printer activity.
- The Winpopup or "net send" messages now support multi-line messages.
- Improved support for latest printer hardware.
- The "user query page" in the Web Admin interface will now automatically detect the username if IIS support automatic authentication (NTLM).
- BugFix: Print Job Deny messages now consistently save on exit.
2 October 2003 - PaperCut 4.1
- Changes to support new print drivers and printer hardware
- New "Custom Reports" MS Access database. This template database provides a good starting point for site-specific report design.
- Additional example "trend graph" in sample MS Access reports
- Fixed issue when PDF documents were printed to a Windows 2003 server
- Addition of right-click context menu on user list. Simply right-click on a user to quickly edit their rights and view reports.
- New configuration option to remove the currency sign from the "User Inquiry Tool". (for sites that do not want to portray a concept of "charging" users.)
- BugFix: duplex discount is no longer issued on single page documents
- BugFix: simplified error messages written to PaperCut's application event log
25 February 2003 - PaperCut 4.0
What's New in Version 4.0?
- Complete native Windows XP look and feel
- Improved support for XP and upcoming Windows 2003 features
- Auto-scheduling of quotas and credit offers additional options to control how and when accounts are topped up. You can stop users from "banking" up their quota.
- Improved detailed logging - the system the user printed from is now recorded
- Improved printer support for latest PCL and Postscript hardware and drivers
- The debug mode has been enhanced so PaperCut Support can resolve problems rapidly
- The print job log can now be exported to Microsoft Excel. The data can be used in a spreadsheet for custom analysis and graphing of printing activity
- Ability to save Microsoft Access reports to a database file for running/viewing on other systems.
- Trial period extended to 40-days
- BugFix: Winpopup deny/information messages of more than 256 characters are now supported.
- BugFix: Advanced Charging now works correctly on French language systems (this was broken in version 3.7)
- BugFix: Copy-count correctly detected with latest Xerox Postscript drivers
- Many more changes since 3.0. See below