- Windows 2016 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / Windows 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2003 SP2 / Windows 10* / Windows 8* / Windows 7* (core, server, advanced server, enterprise edition, 64-bit edition, workstation, professional versions all supported)
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (i.e. El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra)
- Most modern Linux operating systems including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (6.0+)
- CentOS (6.0+)
- Novell SuSE Linux (11.0+)
- Ubuntu (10.04+)
- Debian (6.0+)
- Others supporting GNU glibc 2.11 or higher.
The “desktop” class systems such as Windows 7, 8 and 10 only allow 10 simultaneous connections (see Microsoft article). This means that these systems should only be used as a “server” to host print queues on networks with 10 workstations or less.
- 2GB or higher recommended.
- At least 3GB of free space recommended.
Important: Internet connection is required to automatically update the software when new versions are available. For more information, see the ‘How do I update my Mobility Print server?’ section in FAQ.
The following ports must be available:
- Port 9163 (HTTP)
- Port 9164 (HTTPS)
- Port 53 (DNS)
- Port 5353 (mDNS)
- iOS 9.2+
- macOS Yosemite+ |10.10+
- Windows 7+
- Android 4.4+
- Chrome OS with Chrome version 43+
Mobility Print works with the vast majority of printers. The key requirement is that the printer has a print driver for the server host operating system (e.g. a Windows Driver).
- Fresh coffee
- At least one spare browser tab
- An end-user to use as a guinea pig