This article applies to PaperCut Quota.
If you are having problems connecting to your PaperCut Quota Web Tools pages, try the following:
- Did you follow the Web Tools setup steps from the user guide (including allowing ASP extensions in IIS)?
- Is the IIS default web server currently running?
- You can confirm this by ‘telnetting’ to port 80 on the system running IIS:
- Start → Run → ‘cmd’ → ‘telnet yourwebtoolsserver 80’
- You should get a blank screen rather than a connection refused error.
- Is any firewall software running that would prevent a connection to the Web Tools system (port 80)?
- Is any other software running that would interfere with port 80 or IIS?
If after checking all these you are still having connection problems, try setting up a plain HTML document in IIS to confirm you can access it.
Categories: Legacy Articles, PaperCut Quota Web Tools, Troubleshooting