PaperCut Software offers an option to tailor the “look and feel” of the User Web Interface interface. This option is included with the implementation pack or can be purchased separately.
The primary reason behind customizing the user web tools interface is to provide a user experience consistent with the existing intranet or organization style. Please note that the administration interface (and the web based release station) is not affected by the user web tools tailoring, as these are not visible to the users.
Having PaperCut Customize Your Web Tools Interface
If you have purchased the implementation pack or tailored web tools, please ensure the following is provided:
- Your organization’s logo with a minimum size of 60×60 pixels.
- Your preferred color scheme. This is often best presented in the form of an HTTP link to an existing public page, an HTML file copied from an existing internet/intranet site or a screen-shot of an existing web page.
Email the logo and link(s) to email@example.com. They will be used to make both a 250×64 pixel image for use on the login screen, and a header bar for the user web tools interface. If you have preferred images to suit these uses, please include them.
Installing Your PaperCut Customized Web Tools Interface
PaperCut Software supplies the tailored web tools interface in the form of a compressed archive, the contents of which override the standard web tools interface.
- Ensure PaperCut is installed and working.
- Extract the archive to the directory located at:
- Access the user web tools interface with a web browser (http://server_name:9191/user) and verify the changes have taken place. You may need to press the
refresh button to acquire the changes. In some situations you may need to press ctrl-refresh or shift-refresh so that your browser discovers the new content.
If you experience any problems, please email our support team.
Customizing Your Own Web Tools Interface
The user manual for PaperCut contains information useful for customizing the web tools interface yourself.
Categories: User Web Interface, User Interface Customization
keywords: web tools, custom theme, themes, design, intranet layout