We’ll treat your personal information like we’d like others to treat ours.
- We will not forward your email or contact details to any 3rd party without first asking your permission. Sometimes we ask permission from time to time to arrange references, etc.
- If you supply us with test data, database backup, or system logs to help find a bug, we’ll only use your data to find the bug and we’ll treat it in confidence. Once it’s no longer required, data will be deleted from our systems.
- We will not over run your in box with emails selling you “new and exciting” products. We have an opt-in/out low announcement list. You can unsubscribe from it at any time.
- If we ever send you something you find annoying, just email us and let us know. There is always someone real at our end that reads emails and we do action requests, comments and complaints.
- We don’t store your credit card details, nor do process credit card ourselves. Instead we only use trusted sources such as PayPal and GlobalCollect to process Credit Card orders.
- You might have noticed the mention in our EULA about data collection and the reason we do that is so we can provide our customers with a better support and improve the user experience. We do this by gauging which features work best and offer the most value for you, our customers. (See our note on Feature Usage Data below.)
- Our software applications will never secretly prompt you to install some gee-wiz browser toolbar. As software geeks we needed to put that one in the list. :-)
- We provide information and methods for rendering your PaperCut NG or PaperCut MF print system compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), seeking to help you meet information privacy requirements which are more important than ever before.
Feature Usage Data
As of version 15.3 of PaperCut NG and PaperCut MF, we have started collecting Feature Usage Data in our applications’ web pages to help us improve our products. Fairly normal practice nowadays. The only intention of collating this data is to help us with product planning. We promise! Itís hard to know which features to invest time in developing if we donít understand how our product is used, and since we donít charge to turn on most features, the only way we can do this is via Feature Usage Data. We do collect some identifying information (e.g your IP address) which helps establish features popular in regions, but our intention is to never use this information to identify you as an individual or organization. We promise that too!
But, weíre OK if you find this all a bit too irksome. We wonít judge you. So to turn off the collection of Feature Usage Data, simply navigate to Options >> Advanced options >> System Usage Data and disable Send system usage data .