The LRS VPSX integration only works with legacy versions of the LRS product, and due to lack of demand there are no current plans to upgrade support for the current LRS VPSX product line. If you have any questions about this integration please contact the PaperCut support team.
PaperCut is able to interface with print queues from the VPSX* system developed by LRS* on Microsoft Windows servers. This is a popular system offering SAP integration, document transformation (PDL), and AS 400 support (iSeries).
The document linked below covers the PaperCut MF integration with the print spool system VPSX System by Levi, Ray & Shoup Inc. (www.lrs.com). Integration is provided in the form of a VPSX filter that interfaces the print spooling process with PaperCut. It allows the VPSX system to leverage core PaperCut features including:
- Detailed print tracking, reporting and quota controls
- Secure print release and find-me printing
- Ability to allocate jobs to accounts, departments, projects via client
- Popup software (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Implement Find-Me printing, hold/release queues and release stations
- Integrate tracking of off-the-glass copier jobs (using embedded software or copier control terminals)
- Track color usage and printing costs using page-level color analysis
- Interact with end-users via popup dialogs driven by Print Scripting. E.g. Did you really mean to print 100 pages in simplex?
- Detailed environmental impact reporting
- … and many many more print management software tasks!
PaperCut interfaces with VPSX via a specially designed VPSX filter.
Download the installation/setup documentation here:
The PaperCut MF LRS integration is currently only available for Microsoft Windows servers.
Note: Configuring PaperCut to run under VPSX is an advanced procedure and is intended to be supported by the PaperCut Development Team. Any sites deploying PaperCut on VPSX should discuss the project with PaperCut. A PaperCut development-level consulting fee will apply to these projects to ensure adequate technical and upgrade support is available.
* LRS and VPSX are registered trademarks of Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.
Categories: Implementation / Deployment
keywords: lrs, vpsx, unix, mainframe, sap, document transformation, pdl, AS400?, as-400 iSeries