Please also see Reporting Problems
The enable debug option causes PaperCut to produce a detailed text log of activity. The log allows our developers to inspect the internal workings of the PaperCut application and pinpoint the cause of problems. Enabling debugging is only usually required of requested by the PaperCut Support team.
NOTE: This applies to PaperCut Quota and older versions of PaperCut ChargeBack. For PaperCut NG or latest ChargeBack see How to Enable Debug in the Application Server
To enable debug in PaperCut Quota:
- Open PaperCut via Start→Programs→PaperCut
- Select the Options section
- Turn on the Enable debug option (a checkbox)
- Print a few test documents from a network workstation, or perform the problem action. Try to select a situation that is likely to cause the issue being investigated.
- Record the approximate time of the problem and/or the name of any printed documents (or the time you performed the test action). This will help the developers match up log entries with your test activity. Additional information such as what was observed or what was expected would also be useful.
- Email all files in:
Include an explanation of the steps taken, along with any other other information requested by the PaperCut
Note: if the files are large, please place in a zip archive before sending.
Categories: Legacy Articles, Debugging, Troubleshooting, [Legacy] PaperCut Quota