So, here’s the thing. We just made a new printing solution.
Well, kinda new. It’s our super popular BYOD printing feature Mobility Print that comes with PaperCut MF and NG. Except as of today it’s a standalone product.
PaperCut Mobility Print - your free BYOD printing solution
Fair question. Talking to Product Manager Willem Groenewald reveals the driving reason behind both the release and its price tag:
“We hate seeing people waste time on something so essential as setting up printers,” he says. “Mobility Print is our gift to give time back to millions without having to jump into the deep end of print management, or pay extra.”
Which, if you ask me, is pretty awesome.
The Google Cloud Print alternative
We work with Google to optimize printing on Chromebooks, the most adopted device in education – with enterprise businesses following suit.
You’ll even find Mobility Print hanging out on the Google website !
5 reasons you’ll dig Mobility Print
So what’s so great about this release? Here’s the thing. Mobility Print focuses on being powerfully simple and usable, with key benefits including:
- it works with any printer. Yep, you read that right - ANY printer!
- automatic printer and driver installation to enable printing from Chromebooks, iPads, iPhones, Macs, Windows, and Android devices
- printing via the device’s native interface in any application
- easy self-setup to let users find shared network printers without relying on IT
- continuous updates pushed on release to reduce ongoing maintenance.
Want to read more about it? Pop over to the Mobility Print page . You can download it from there as well.