The Advanced Client (for Professional Business)
PaperCut NG includes the standard client which is ideal for Education and Corporate sites. Professional businesses such as Engineering, Architecture, Graphic Design, Legal Firms etc. require more power.
The Advanced Client is standard with a PaperCut professional client billing license, and an optional extra in PaperCut for education, SME and corporate. It provides powerful features to allow users to quickly assign printing to accounts selected from a large list of clients or projects.
What does the advanced client do?
The advanced client provides additional features useful for dealing with large numbers of shared accounts. In addition to the features of the standard client, the advanced client has:
- A searchable 'quick find' list of accounts. Accounts can be searched quickly by name or code.
- A preferred list of accounts. This can be used to keep commonly selected or a working set of accounts handy.
- A list of recently selected accounts.
- The ability to add a comment to a print job for later reference or reporting.
- Charge rates to select different cost rates at print time.
- The ability to mark a print job as 'non-invoicable'. The print job will not be counted in invoice reports.
Click Here to see a screencast of the advanced account selection popup from the perspective of an end user.
What does the standard client do?
Charging print jobs to shared accounts is made possible by the account selection pop-up. The standard client is the default choice in PaperCut NG, and provides all the features necessary to charge a print job to an account. This includes selecting the account from a list or entering the account's PIN / code. It's a very simple interface ideal for education (e.g. faculty or department charging) or Corporate (e.g. cost centers).
Two advanced client licenses are included when purchasing PaperCut NG. Extra licenses can be purchased for each additional user who will be using the advanced client.