Welcome to the PaperCut Knowledge Base. This site hosts a collection of questions, answers, articles and general information about PaperCut.
Information is classified into the sections. Alternatively you can search the database using keywords.
We are adding information all the time. If your question is not addressed please contact us.
|Tips and Tricks||Printers||Domains||Reporting|
- PaperCut User Manual
- Known Issues with Recent Releases
- Reporting Problems
- Supported Printers
- Upgrading your PaperCut software
- Common iPad Printing Questions
- Do I need a dedicated print server?
- PaperCut and Active Directory
- PaperCut on 64-bit (x64) platforms
- Customizing the User Web Tools interface
- What is the Advanced Client?
- Resetting the Admin Password
- Automating printer management in a school, university or education environment
- Architecture / Implementation / Deployment
- Implementation guide for IT and network managers
- Implementing PaperCut in a school environment
- PaperCut on multiple servers
- Does PaperCut work on a Virtual Machine (VM) or Virtual Server?
- Installing PaperCut in a heterogeneous environment
- Print queue set up on Windows - forgotten task!
- PaperCut on Mac OS (Apple Mac)
- Mac Open Directory/LDAP Configuration
- Using a domain administrator service account (Windows)
- Special considerations on Terminal Server/CITRIX/VDI
- Trialling PaperCut Using a Subset of all Users
- Supporting Windows workstations via a Mac Server
- Where can I get the secondary server (or local printer) software?
- Tuning TCP/IP for your PaperCut server
- Wide Area Networks (WAN) Considerations
- Working with the 10 connection limit in Windows XP
- Automated Application Deployment
- Common Security Questions
- Automated Application Removal
- Common Scalability Questions
- Increasing the memory available to PaperCut
- Accessibility and PaperCut
- Building A Mac Client Install Package
- Firewall Configuration - Ports used by PaperCut
- Choosing the right edition/version
- Backups & Databases
- External Database Support Policy
- SQL Server log files (LDF files) are growing large. How can I shrink them?
- Backing up PaperCut data
- Restoring from backup
- Corrupt Database Problems
- SQL Server connection problems
- Database Schema Diagrams
- Database Tuning (Advanced Topic)
- Example SQL Queries (when running on an external database)
- Domains / Directories
- General Information
- Translation, International Projects and Localization
- Internet Control & Proxy Servers
- Troubleshooting proxy server configuration
- Separate balances for printing and internet
- Internet Charging Transaction Logs
- Configuring Squid on Linux to authenticate with Active Directory
- Installing and configuring SquidNT
- Integrating PaperCut internet charging with other web filtering applications
- Using multiple internet proxy servers
- I’ve lost my license. How do I get a copy?
- Installing / Applying the supplied license file
- Exceeding the license limit (user count exceeded)
- PaperCut trial period extensions
- Apply for a license exception or variation
- Obtaining Past Releases
- Licensing PaperCut NG in a Cluster
- Licensing across multiple sites/servers/workstations
- Downgrading PaperCut (to an older version)
- Support End-of-life Policy
- Printers supporting page-level color detection and All About Page-Level Color Detection
- Copying Printer Config from one Apple Mac To Another
- Working with network printers (a printer with a network card)
- [Legacy] Dealing with locally attached printers
- Tracking Photocopiers
- Ignoring / deleting printers
- Controlling printer access based on time
- Setting up RIP devices
- Mainframe/OnePrint Printing Issues
- Testing a printer’s compatibility without the physical printer
- Release Stations
- Scripting and APIs
- Top-Up Cards
- Using PaperCut
- Managing End-User Payments
- Why currency / unit based print accounting is better than counting pages
- Explanation of point-of-charging, canceled jobs, and automatic refunds
- What is Silent Monitoring Mode and how do I enable it?
- Explanation of printing only after last page has spooled
- Tips & Tricks
- Watermarking and Burst / Separator Pages - Showing print job information on prints
- Billing teaching staff monthly
- Charging different users different amounts
- Batch Printing and the Popup and Hold/Release print queues
- Providing free period exam printing
- Advanced LDAP Tweaks for User and Group Synchronization
- User Client Tool
- Where do I find the PaperCut client software? Is it required for print control?
- Working with popup messages
- Reducing the bandwidth consumed by the User Client Tool
- Using the PaperCut Mac Client Login Hook With Other Login Scripts
- Upgrading the Client Software
- Why is my User Client running slowly?
- Hiding the Balance Window of the User Client Tool
- “The publisher could not be verified” prompt running executable from network
- User Web Interface
- Domains / Directories
- Questions about the Payment Gateway
- Does PaperCut support sales tax?
- Adopt a Feature Program
- Moving from one Edition of PaperCut to Another
Share your findings and experience with other PaperCut users. Feel free to add comments and suggestions about this Knowledge Base article. Please don't use this for support requests.