Key features for education at a glance:
- Control student print quota, or charge for printing.
- Track and budget staff printing by faculty or department.
- Simple installation - starts working immediately.
- Directory integration with automatic user account creation.
- Simple web-based administration for office staff.
- Automatic scheduling of credit/quotas.
- Solutions for managing wireless laptop printing.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux and Novell, making PaperCut the most flexible print management solution available.
Where to from here?
At Raffles College of Design and Commerce New Zealand we are running multi-platform systems and we required printing management system that will monitor, manage quota, usage billing and generate reports. PaperCut stood out in our internal trial comparing to other products in the market. A great product can only be defined as great when it is backed by superb supporting technical team.
In my recent experience with moving an existing PaperCut server to a completely new installed server went smoothly just because I had PaperCut support team member Jason guiding me over the chat session. We had over 400+ user data and I was worried whether we would be able to put our server back to its original state. Due to unprecedented event our server got destroyed but we could retrieve existing PaperCut data from the crashed hard drive. Once I explained our situation to Jason he quickly gave me all the answer to my queries. Within 30 minutes our new PaperCut server was ready and started serving our network users.
I would definitely encourage all our colleges worldwide to use PaperCut not just because it's a great product, but it's backed by superb after sales service. Thanks Jason and PaperCut.