Key features for education at a glance:
- Control student print quota, or charge for printing.
- Track and budget staff printing by faculty or department.
- Simple installation - starts working immediately.
- Directory integration with automatic user account creation.
- Simple web-based administration for office staff.
- Automatic scheduling of credit/quotas.
- Solutions for managing wireless laptop printing.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux and Novell, making PaperCut the most flexible print management solution available.
Where to from here?
We love PaperCut. It is a truly operating system agnostic solution that has allowed us to address almost any level of complexity in terms of tracking and allocating printer usage. PaperCut makes it very easy for us to bill students through the university accounting system so we can use the money to buy new printers on a regular basis allowing students have access to reliable printing.
We have deployments that can manage the intricacies of graphic design output to plotters, computers labs accessible to tens of thousands of students requiring per page billing and small department print quotas with secretaries generating their own ad hoc reports.
The internal reporting system and automation tools provided have saved our sys admins countless hours in generating data for administrators. It is rare to find a product so well thought out and beneficial to users in every role.